Mauganj is a town in the Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh, India. The town is situated on the right bank of the Rewa River, approximately 3 kilometres from the district headquarters. Mauganj is known for its temples, which include the Mauganj Mahadev Temple, theHanuman Temple, and the ISKCON Temple. The town is also home to a number of educational institutions, including the Government Polytechnic Mauganj and the Mauganj Degree College. For the young ones, there are a number of kid friendly things to do in Mauganj. They can enjoy the temples, go on a boat ride on the Rewa River, visit the Mauganj Museum, or even take a walk through the town’s many markets.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mauganj, India
1. Visit the Mahakaleshwar Temple – Located in the town of Mauganj, the Mahakaleshwar Temple is a popular Hindu pilgrimage site. Constructed in the 9th century, this temple is dedicated to the deity Mahakaleshwar, the lord of time and death. Visitors can explore the temple complex, which includes a number of small shrines and statues, and take part in the daily puja ceremonies.
2. Take a Walk Through the Laxman Udan Park – Located in the heart of Mauganj, the Laxman Udan Park is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. This park features beautiful gardens, a large lake, and a number of sculptures and statues. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll through the park, stop to admire the sights, and even feed the pigeons.
3. Visit the Mauganj Fort – Located just outside of town, the Mauganj Fort is a must-see for history buffs. This fort was built in the 16th century by the Maratha ruler Shivaji Maharaj and played a pivotal role in the Anglo-Maratha Wars. Today, the fort is in ruins but visitors can still explore the complex and imagine what life was like back in the day.
4. Shop at the Mauganj Market – The Mauganj Market is the perfect place to pick up some souvenirs or simply browse the stalls for interesting trinkets. From hand-woven fabrics to spices and sweets, this market has something for everyone. Be sure to bargain with the vendors for the best price!
5. Visit the Narmada Temple – The Narmada Temple is one of the most important temples in Mauganj. Dedicated to the Hindu goddess Narmada, this temple is said to be over 2000 years old. Visitors can explore the temple complex, which includes a number of shrines and statues, and take part in the daily puja ceremonies.
6. Take a Boat Ride on the Narmada River – The Narmada River is one of the most important rivers in Hindu mythology and is considered holy by many. Visitors can take a boat ride on the river and enjoy the peaceful scenery.
7. Go on a Safari at the Bandhavgarh National Park – Located just outside of Mauganj, the Bandhavgarh National Park is a must-visit for nature lovers. This park is home to a large variety of wildlife, including tigers, leopards, and deer. Visitors can take a jeep safari through the park to see the animals up close.
8. Visit the Rani Durgavati Museum – The Rani Durgavati Museum is a must-see for history buffs. This museum is dedicated to the memory of the brave Maratha queen who fought against the Mughals. The museum houses a number of artifacts, including weapons, armor, and coins.
9. Shop at the Maheshwari Market – The Maheshwari Market is the perfect place to pick up some souvenirs or simply browse the stalls for interesting trinkets. From hand-woven fabrics to spices and sweets, this market has something for everyone. Be sure to bargain with the vendors for the best price!
10. Visit the Kalinjar Fort – Located just outside of Mauganj, the Kalinjar Fort is a must-see for history buffs. This fort was built in the 12th century and played a pivotal role in the wars between the Chauhans and the Parmaras. Visitors can explore the fort complex, which includes a number of temples and palaces, and take in the stunning views from the top of the fort.