Matsuyama is a great place to bring your kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Matsuyama castle is a great place to start, with its many turrets and colorful gardens. The nearby Ehime Maru Memorial Park is also a must-see, commemorating the sinking of a Japanese ship during World War II. Kids will love the playful sculptures and interactive exhibits. For a more active day, head to Dogo Onsen, one of Japan’s oldest and most famous hot springs. The large outdoor bath is perfect for splashing around, and there’s even a playground nearby. Matsuyama also has some great museums, like the Ehime Prefecture Museum and the Iyoku-tei teahouse. Both are very kid-friendly and full of interesting exhibits. And of course, no trip to Matsuyama would be complete without sampling the local cuisine. The city is famous for its fresh seafood, so be sure to try the sashimi!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Matsuyama, Japan
1. Visit Matsuyama Castle: Matsuyama Castle is one of the most iconic landmarks in Matsuyama and a must-see for any visitor. The castle was first built in 1603 and is a classic example of Japanese castle architecture. The castle is located on top of a hill in the center of Matsuyama and can be reached by a short hike or a cable car ride.
2. Visit Shiroyama Park: Shiroyama Park is a large city park that is located next to Matsuyama Castle. The park is a great place to relax and enjoy the views of Matsuyama. There are also a number of historical landmarks and monuments located in the park.
3. Go to Botchan Stadium: Botchan Stadium is a small baseball stadium located in the center of Matsuyama. The stadium is home to the Matsuyama baseball team and is a popular spot for local fans.
4. Visit the Ehime Prefectural Museum: The Ehime Prefectural Museum is a large museum that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits that focus on the history and culture of Ehime Prefecture.
5. Go to the Matsuyama Doga Park: The Matsuyama Doga Park is a large park that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The park is a great place to take a walk or just relax. There are also a number of ponds and streams located in the park.
6. Visit the Matsuyama Aquarium: The Matsuyama Aquarium is a large aquarium that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The aquarium has a wide variety of marine life on display.
7. Visit the Matsuyama Zoo: The Matsuyama Zoo is a large zoo that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The zoo has a wide variety of animals on display.
8. Go to the Matsuyama Cat Cafe: The Matsuyama Cat Cafe is a small cafe that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The cafe is a great place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
9. Visit the Matsuyama Museum of Art: The Matsuyama Museum of Art is a large museum that is located near the center of Matsuyama. The museum has a wide variety of art on display.
10. Go to the Matsuyama Castle Observatory: The Matsuyama Castle Observatory is a small observatory that is located on top of Matsuyama Castle. The observatory offers great views of Matsuyama and the surrounding area.