Matosinhos is a great place for kids of all ages. There are many parks and playgrounds to explore, as well as a variety of museums and historical sites. The city also has a wide array of restaurants and cafes, which are perfect for grabbing a bite to eat. And of course, no visit to Matosinhos would be complete without spending some time on the beautiful beaches. With so much to see and do, Matosinhos is the perfect destination for a family vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Matosinhos, Portugal
1. Visit the Matosinhos Beach – this beach is perfect for families with young children as it features a wide, sandy shoreline, crystal-clear water perfect for swimming, and plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby for grabbing a bite.
2. Stop by the Aquarium – located right on the beach, the Matosinhos Aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine life, making it a perfect place to visit for kids who love animals.
3. Play at the Park – Parque da Cidade is a beautiful park located in the center of Matosinhos that features a playground, plenty of green space to run around, and a small pond with ducks.
4. Take a Ride on the Funicular – for a unique way to see the city, take a ride on the Matosinhos Funicular which offers stunning views of the city and the beach below.
5. Visit the Museum of Modern Art – the Museu de Arte Contemporanea de Matosinhos is a great place to take kids for a taste of culture, as it features both temporary and permanent exhibitions of modern art.
6. Get a Sweet Treat at the Cake Shop – Pastelaria Mussato is a must-visit for kids (and adults!) with a sweet tooth, as this popular cake shop offers a wide variety of delicious desserts.
7. Enjoy the View from Miradouro da Costa Verde – this scenic lookout point offers breathtaking views of the coastline, perfect for a picnic lunch or just to take in the beauty of Matosinhos.
8. Have Fun at the Playground – Kids will love playing at the playground located in front of the municipal library, which features a variety of climbing structures and slides.
9. Learn about Nature at the Botanical Garden – the Jardim Botanico de Matosinhos is a great place to take kids to learn about different plants and flowers, as well as to simply enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
10.Take a Boat Ride – for a different perspective of the city, kids can enjoy a boat ride along the Rio Leça which offers beautiful views of the waterfront.