Mascot, Tennessee is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to do outdoors, like hiking and picnicking in the Great Smoky Mountains National park. The town also has its own little zoo, which is perfect for a day trip. If your kids are into sports, they’ll love spending the day at the Mascot Little League Park. And of course, no trip to Mascot would be complete without a visit to the famous Dollywood theme park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mascot, Tennessee
1. Take a walk through history at the Mississippian Mounds. The Mississippian Mounds are a collection of more than 200 prehistoric mounds located in Mascot, Tennessee. The mounds were built by the Mississippian people between 1000 and 1500 AD.
2. Visit the Mascot Roller Mill. The Mascot Roller Mill is a historic grist mill located in Mascot, Tennessee. The mill was built in 1894 and operated until 1953. It is now open to the public for tours.
3. hike the trails at the Little Pigeon River Gorge. The Little Pigeon River Gorge is a 1,000-acre nature preserve located in Mascot, Tennessee. The preserve features hiking trails, camping sites, and scenic views of the river gorge.
4. Go fishing at the Mascot Fisheries Pond. The Mascot Fisheries Pond is a man-made pond located in Mascot, Tennessee. The pond is stocked with fish and is open to the public for fishing.
5. Play tennis at the Mascot Tennis Center. The Mascot Tennis Center is a public tennis facility located in Mascot, Tennessee. The center features eight tennis courts, a pro shop, and a snack bar.
6. Play golf at the Mascot Municipal Golf Course. The Mascot Municipal Golf Course is a 9-hole public golf course located in Mascot, Tennessee. The course features a clubhouse, pro shop, and driving range.
7. Visit the Mascot Museum. The Mascot Museum is a local history museum located in Mascot, Tennessee. The museum features exhibits on the history of Mascot and the surrounding area.
8. Go swimming at the Mascot aquatic center. The Mascot aquatic center is a public swimming facility located in Mascot, Tennessee. The center features an Olympic-size pool, a diving well, and a wading pool.
9. Play basketball at the Mascot Basketball Court. The Mascot Basketball Court is a public basketball court located in Mascot, Tennessee. The court is open to the public for pick-up games and organized leagues.
10. Have a picnic at the Mascot Picnic Area. The Mascot Picnic Area is a public picnic area located in Mascot, Tennessee. The area features picnic tables, grills, and a playground.