If you’re looking for kid-friendly fun in Maryland, look no further than the Baltimore Zoo. The nation’s first municipal zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals, including lions, tigers, and elephants. The Maryland Zoo also offers a number of educational programs, making it a great place to learn about the animal kingdom.
In New York, the Bronx Zoo is a must-see for animal lovers of all ages. With more than 4,000 animals and 500 different species, the Bronx Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the world. The zoo also offers a number of hands-on learning opportunities, such as the chance to feed the giraffes.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maryland, New York
1. Visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore- The National Aquarium is located in downtown Baltimore and is a great place to take the kids. The Aquarium has over 2,000 animals and visitors can see sharks, dolphins, penguins and other exotic creatures.
2. Take a tour of the Maryland State House- The Maryland State House is located in Annapolis and is the oldest state capitol in the United States. Visitors can take a tour of the State House and learn about the history of Maryland.
3. Visit the National Zoo in Washington, D.C.- The National Zoo is located in Washington, D.C. and is home to over 1,500 animals. Visitors can see lions, tigers, elephants and other animals. The National Zoo also has a petting zoo where kids can pet and feed animals.
4. Take a ride on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad- The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad offers train rides through the countryside. The railroad offers a variety of different rides, including a scenic ride through the Allegheny Mountains.
5. Visit the Maryland Science Center- The Maryland Science Center is located in Baltimore and offers a variety of exhibits and programs for kids. The Science Center has a planetarium, IMAX theater and hands-on exhibits.
6. Go to a Baltimore Orioles baseball game- The Baltimore Orioles are a Major League Baseball team and play their home games at Camden Yards. Visitors can watch the Orioles play a game, tour the stadium and buy souvenirs.
7. Visit the Annapolis Maritime Museum- The Annapolis Maritime Museum is located in Annapolis and offers exhibits about the history of the Chesapeake Bay. The Museum also has a boatyard where visitors can see boats being built.
8. Visit the Calvert Marine Museum- The Calvert Marine Museum is located in Solomons and offers exhibits about the history of the Chesapeake Bay. The Museum also has a research vessel and offers boat rides.
9. Take a walk or bike ride on the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal- The Chesapeake & Ohio Canal is a 184-mile long canal that runs from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland. The Canal is a popular place for walking, biking and fishing.
10. Visit Fort McHenry- Fort McHenry is a star-shaped fort that is located in Baltimore. The Fort was built in the War of 1812 and is best known for being the site of the Battle of Baltimore. Visitors can take a tour of the Fort and see the historic cannons.