Martinsburg is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep children of all ages entertained. The village parks and playgrounds are always busy on warm days, while indoor attractions like the Blue Moon Rising Children’s Museum and the Northern New York Children’s Museum offer fun for kids on rainy days.
In addition to the museums, there are several family-friendly businesses in Martinsburg. The candy shop, ice cream parlor, and toy store are all popular destinations for young children. The village is also home to several annual events that are geared towards kids, such as the Easter Egg Hunt, the Fourth of July Parade, and the Halloween Parade.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Martinsburg, New York
1. Take a walk through history at the Martinsburg Heritage Museum
2. Learn about the area’s farming heritage at the Martin’s Farm Museum
3. Have a picnic in one of the many beautiful parks in Martinsburg
4. Go fishing in one of the many lakes and ponds in the area
5. Go for a hike or a bike ride on one of the many trails in the area
6. Visit the Martinsburg Zoo and see all of the animals
7. Play a round of golf at one of the many golf courses in the area
8. Go horseback riding at one of the many stables in the area
9. Go skiing or snowboarding at one of the many ski resorts in the area
10. Take a tour of one of the many wineries or breweries in the area