Marlboro is a great town for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do, from hiking and exploring the outdoors to visiting local farms and museums.
Some great hiking trails for families include the Marlboro Falls Trail and the Brattleboro Recreation Path. For a more leisurely activity, take a scenic drive down Route 9 or explore one of the many covered bridges in the area.
If your kids are interested in farm animals, be sure to visit the Brattleboro Farmer’s Market, where you can meet some of the farmers and learn about where your food comes from. For a closer look at Vermont’s farming heritage, check out the Putney Farmer’s Museum.
For a day of indoor fun, visit the Brattleboro Museum and Art Center or the Vermont Country Store Museum. And of course, no visit to Marlboro would be complete without a stop at the Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour – it’s a fun and tasty way to learn about ice cream making!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Marlboro, Vermont
1. Visit the Vermont Marble Museum to learn about Vermont’s extensive history with marble production and get a behind-the-scenes look at how Vermont Marble is created.
2. Take a scenic drive or hike through one of the many beautiful Vermont State Parks.
3. Get up close and personal with Vermont’s working dairy farms at the Green Mountain Adventure Farm.
4. Enjoy a day of fishing on one of Vermont’s many pristine lakes or rivers.
5. Visit the Ben & Jerry’s Factory in nearby Waterbury for a tour and some delicious ice cream.
6. Go for a swim at one of Vermont’s many public beaches.
7. Ride Vermont’s scenic railways for a day of exploration and fun.
8. Check out the boutiques and specialty shops in downtown Burlington.
9. Play a round of golf at one of Vermont’s many championship golf courses.
10. Attend a summer music festival in the picturesque Vermont countryside.