Marion is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in the area, including the Discovery Island Water Park, the Marion County Museum, and the Science Center. Discovery Island is a water park with a lazy river, slides, and a splash pad. The Marion County Museum has plenty of kid friendly exhibits, and the Science Center has a planetarium, telescope, and hands on science experiments.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Marion, South Carolina
1. Visit the free City Museum on Main Street for a historical perspective of Marion.
2. Stroll through McMillan Park, where you’ll find a playground, walking trails, and a duck pond.
3. Take a dip in the city pool at Recreation Park, located just off Highway 501.
4. Visit the Marion County Farmers Market on Saturday mornings for fresh local produce.
5. Get your thrills at Carowinds amusement park, just a short drive away in Charlotte, North Carolina.
6. Spend a day fishing or canoeing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Lake Marion or Lake Moultrie.
7. Visit historic downtown Columbia, South Carolina, just a short drive away.
8. Take a day trip to Charleston, South Carolina, where you can tour the historic city and its many museums.
9. Head to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for a day of fun in the sun.
10. Visit one of the many plantations in the area, such as Magnolia Plantation or Boone Hall Plantation.