Maringouin is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. The Maringouin Recreation Complex has a playground, splash pad, and walking trails. The Maringouin Public Library has storytimes and a computer lab. The Maringouin Museum has educational programs and an art studio. The Maringouin Farmers Market has fresh produce and music. There are also several parks in Maringouin, including Legion Park, which has a playground, basketball courts, and a pavilion.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maringouin, Louisiana
1. Visit the Maringouin Museum to learn about the history of this small town.
2. Stroll down Main Street and check out the unique shops and restaurants.
3. Head to the Maringouin Community Park to play some basketball, tennis or take a dip in the pool.
4. For some fun on the water, rent a canoe or kayak and explore the Bayou Grosse Tete.
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area, such as Lake Beau Soleil or Lake Concorde.
6. If you’re feeling adventurous, take a zip line tour through the canopy of trees at Screamin’ Meemie Zip Line Adventures.
7. Visit the Fontenot’s Honey Farm to learn about beekeeping and taste some delicious honey.
8. Make a stop at the Kincaid’s Dairy Barn for some homemade ice cream.
9. Play a round of miniature golf at Blackham Coliseum.
10. Visit the Maringouin Wildlife Refuge to see alligators, birds and other wildlife.