There is no shortage of things to do in Marfil, Mexico that are perfect for kids. From exploring the ancient ruins of nearby Mayan temples to swimming in crystal clear cenotes, there is something for everyone. For those looking to stay active, there are plenty of hiking trails and biking paths to explore. Or, take a nature walk through one of the many lush jungle areas.
For a more cultural experience, head to the Marfil Art District where you can find local artisans selling their wares. Be sure to stop by one of the many cafes for a delicious treat. History buffs will enjoy touring the Marfil Archaeological Museum which houses artifacts from the nearby Mayan ruins.
With so many kid-friendly activities, Marfil is the perfect destination for a family vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Marfil, Mexico
1. Swim in a cenote: A cenote is a natural sinkhole, typically formed by the collapse of bedrock, that exposes groundwater underneath. Cenotes are found throughout Mexico and are popular tourist destinations.
2. Visit the ruins of Chichen Itza: Chichen Itza was a pre-Columbian city built by the Maya civilization. The ruins are now a popular tourist destination and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Take a dip in one of Merida’s many pools: Merida is a city in Mexico with a large number of public swimming pools. These pools are a great way to cool off on a hot day.
4. Explore the ancient city of Tulum: Tulum is an ancient Maya city that is now a popular tourist destination. The city is home to a number of well-preserved ruins.
5. Go for a swim in a pool at a water park: There are a number of water parks in Mexico, making them a great option for a fun day out.
6. Visit an animal sanctuary: Mexico is home to a number of animal sanctuaries, which are great places to learn about and see some of the country’s wildlife.
7. Go on a safari: Mexico is home to a number of safari parks, where you can see a variety of animals in their natural habitat.
8. Visit a butterfly sanctuary: Mexico is home to a number of butterfly sanctuaries, where you can see a variety of beautiful butterflies.
9. Go tubing down a river: tubing is a popular activity in Mexico, and there are a number of rivers you can tube down.
10. Visit a water park: Mexico is home to a number of water parks, which are great places to cool off on a hot day.