Marcus Hook is a borough in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,397 at the 2010 census. The current mayor is James Schiliro.
TheMarcus Hook Rollers, a professional minor league baseball team, play in the borough at Sun Bank Center. The borough is also home to the Rumrunner Bar & Grill, a local bar and grill.
For families with young children, Marcus Hook offers a number of kid-friendly activities. The Marcus Hook Roller rink is a great place to take the kids skating, and the adjacent Marcus Hook Overall Park offers a playground, pavilion, and walking trails. Families can also enjoy a picnic lunch at one of the borough’s many parks, including Central Park, Paulsboro Landing Park, and fireman’s Memorial Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Marcus Hook Roller Rink for a night of skating fun! The rink offers open skate sessions, private parties, and lessons for all skill levels.
2. Challenge your friends to a game of mini golf at Tiger putt mini golf course. The course features 18 holes of fun for the whole family.
3. Head to Indian River Marina for a day of fishing. launching your own boat, or renting a pontoon boat for a relaxing day on the water.
4. take a scenic walk or bike ride along the Marcus Hook waterfront trail. The trail offers beautiful views of the Delaware River and is a great way to get some exercise.
5. Visit the John J. Tyler Arboretum for a day of exploring nature. The arboretum features over 300 acres of gardens, hiking trails, and woodlands.
6. Spend a day at the Marcus Hook Public Library learning about the local history of Marcus Hook or checking out one of the many books.
7. Visit Crooked Billet Brewery for a tour and tasting of their delicious beer. The brewery offers tours and tastings on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
8. Play a game of volleyball or basketball at one of the many parks in Marcus Hook including Prospect Park, Exchange Point Park, or Pomeroy Park.
9. Go on a shopping spree at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets which features over 100 stores including Nike, Coach, and Banana Republic.
10. Visit the Augustino Pizza Company for a delicious pizza lunch or dinner. The restaurant is family-owned and offers a variety of pizza and Italian dishes.