There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Maracaju, Brazil. The city is home to a number of parks, including the Municipal Park, which has a playground, a pond, and a number of walking trails. There is also the Dr. Ulisses de Carvalho Park, which has a playground and a number of sports courts. For a more educational experience, kids can visit the Maracaju Zoo, where they can learn about a variety of animals. There are also a number of kid friendly restaurants in Maracaju, where kids can enjoy a variety of delicious food.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maracaju, Brazil
1. Visit the Luzia Woman Archaeological Site: This archaeological site is home to the remains of the oldest human skeleton ever found in the Americas. Luzia was a young woman who lived around 11,000 years ago and her remains provide a fascinating glimpse into the lives of the people who lived in this region all those years ago.
2. Hike to the top of Morro da Igreja: This hilltop church provides stunning views over the city of Maracaju and is a popular spot for sunset-watching. There are several hiking trails that lead to the top of the hill, making it a great activity for the whole family.
3. Explore the Maracaju Biological Reserve: This protected area is home to a variety of different plant and animal species, making it a great place to learn about the local wildlife. There are also several hiking trails to explore, making it the perfect place to get some exercise.
4. Visit the Museu de Arte Sacra: This museum is home to a collection of religious art, which provides a fascinating insight into the history and culture of Maracaju.
5. Take a tour of the Maracatu Kingdom: This traditional dance and music group offers tours of their kingdom, which provides a great opportunity to learn about the local culture.
6. Have a picnic at Parque das Aves: This bird park is home to a variety of different species of birds, making it the perfect place to enjoy a picnic while watching the birds.
7. Go swimming at Praia do Cajueiro: This beach is a great place to cool off on a hot day and there are also several restaurants and bars in the area, making it the perfect place to spend a day with the family.
8. Visit the Maracaju Waterfalls: These waterfalls are located just outside of the city and are a beautiful spot to take a walk or have a picnic.
9. Play some golf at the Maracaju Golf Club: This club offers a challenging 18-hole course that is perfect for a game with the family.
10. Take a ride on the Maracaju City Tourist Train: This train provides a great way to see the city and there are several stops along the way, making it easy to get on and off.