Manzanillo is a port city located in the northwestern part of Cuba. The city has a population of about 97,000 people and is a popular tourist destination. The city is known for its beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and fresh seafood. Manzanillo is also home to a number of kid-friendly attractions and activities.
The beaches in Manzanillo are some of the best in Cuba. Playa Sirena is a popular beach that is known for its clear turquoise waters and white sand beaches. There are a number of restaurants and bars located on the beach, as well as a playground and a water park. Another popular beach is Playa Blanca, which is known for its tranquil waters and lush gardens.
The Manzanillo Aquarium is a great place to take kids. The aquarium is home to a variety of fish, turtles, and other marine life. The aquarium also has a number of interactive exhibits, such as a touch tank where kids can interact with stingrays.
The Manzanillo Zoo is another great option for kids. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a number of educational exhibits, such as a petting zoo and an animal-themed playground.
For kids who love the water, there are a number of water parks in Manzanillo. The AquaCuban Water Park is a popular option, with a variety of slides, pools, and other water-based activities. The Parque de las Iguanas is another water park that features a lazy river, a wave pool, and a number of slides.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Manzanillo, Cuba
1. Visit the National Aquarium – The National Aquarium in Manzanillo is a great place to take the kids to learn about the local marine life. There are over 200 species of fish and other sea creatures on display.
2. Take a boat ride – There are plenty of boat operators in Manzanillo that offer rides around the bay. This is a great way to see the coastline and get some fresh air.
3. Visit the Manzanillo Zoo – The Manzanillo Zoo is home to over 200 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a children’s petting zoo where kids can get up close and personal with some of the animals.
4. Play in the park – Manzanillo has several parks that are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch. The kids will also enjoy the playground equipment and the variety of animals that can be found in the parks.
5. Go to the beach – Manzanillo has some of the best beaches in Cuba. The water is warm and the sand is white and soft. The kids will love playing in the waves and building sandcastles.
6. Shop at the markets – Manzanillo has several markets where you can find fresh produce, seafood, and other local products. The kids will enjoy browsing the stalls and seeing all the different things for sale.
7. Visit a sugar plantation – Cuba was once a major producer of sugar and you can learn all about the history of the sugar industry at one of the many sugar plantations that are open to visitors.
8. Take a scenic drive – Manzanillo is surrounded by beautiful scenery. Take a drive out into the countryside and enjoy the views.
9. Go on a nature hike – There are several nature trails in the area that are perfect for a family hike. Along the way, you may see some of the local wildlife.
10. Visit a tobacco plantation – Cuba is world-renowned for its cigars and you can learn all about the tobacco industry at one of the many tobacco plantations that are open to visitors.