Manukau City is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of parks and playgrounds to explore, as well as a variety of family-friendly activities and attractions.
For the younger ones, the Wai o Taiki Nature Park is a great place to burn off some energy. There’s also theRainbow’s End Theme Park, which is a must for any thrill-seeking kids (and adults!).
If you’re after some quieter activities, the Stardome Observatory & Planetarium is a great option. Or, for something a little different, why not visit the Butterfly Creek Animal park?
There’s also plenty of shopping and dining options in Manukau City, so you’re sure to find something to suit everyone. And with a variety of accommodation options available, you can easily make a weekend of it.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Manukau City, New Zealand
1. Visit Rainbow’s End – New Zealand’s largest theme park, Rainbow’s End, is located in Manukau City. The park features over 20 rides and attractions, including the world’s largest outdoor Maze, the Adrenalin Drop, and the Corkscrew Roller Coaster.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Western Springs Park – Western Springs Park is a large park located in Manukau City. The park features a lake, a playground, walking and biking trails, and a variety of native plants and animals.
3. Visit the Auckland Zoo – The Auckland Zoo is located in Manukau City and is home to over 500 animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and monkeys. The zoo also offers a variety of educational programs and events.
4. Have a picnic at One Tree Hill Domain – One Tree Hill Domain is a large park located in Manukau City. The park is home to a variety of native plants and animals, and features a playground, a picnic area, and walking and biking trails.
5. Go for a swim at Howick Beach – Howick Beach is a popular beach located in Manukau City. The beach features a playground, a picnic area, and a variety of water activities, including swimming, surfing, and kayaking.
6. Visit the Manukau Harbour – The Manukau Harbour is a large body of water located in Manukau City. The harbour is popular for fishing, swimming, and other water activities.
7. Go for a walk or bike ride through the Manukau Heads – The Manukau Heads is a scenic headland located in Manukau City. The headland features walking and biking trails, and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
8. Visit the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre – The Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre is located in Manukau City. The centre features a variety of interactive exhibits, including a simulated mountaineering experience, and offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
9. Play at the Centennial Park Playground – The Centennial Park Playground is located in Manukau City. The playground features a variety of play equipment, including a climbing wall, slides, and swings.
10. Have a picnic at the Mahia Park Reserve – The Mahia Park Reserve is a large park located in Manukau City. The park features a playground, a picnic area, and a variety of native plants and animals.