If you are traveling to Mandi with young children in tow, there are several kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. A visit to the Sunder Nagar Zoo is a great way to spend an afternoon. The zoo has a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, and leopards, as well as an aviary and a reptile house.
The Mandi Museum is another great option for families. The museum has a number of interactive exhibits, as well as a planetarium, making it a great place to learn about the history and culture of Mandi.
If the weather is nice, take a stroll through Ram Bagh, Mandi’s oldest park. The park has a playground, a pond, and plenty of space to run around.
For a truly unique experience, head to the Taragarh fort. The fort has a number of secret tunnels and courtyards to explore, making it a fun place to explore for kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mandi, India
1. Visit the Laxmi Narayan Temple: The Laxmi Narayan Temple is Mandi’s most popular tourist attraction. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu deity Vishnu and his consort Lakshmi. The temple complex includes several smaller temples, an artificial lake, and a museum. Visitors can participate in puja (worship) ceremonies, listen to devotional music, and explore the temple complex.
2. Take a boat ride on the Panchadar Lake: The Panchadar Lake is a large artificial lake situated in the middle of Mandi. Visitors can take a boat ride on the lake and enjoy the scenic views. Boats can be hired from the Panchadar Lake Boat Club.
3. Visit the Bara Bhangal Monastery: The Bara Bhangal Monastery is one of the most important Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in India. The monastery is situated on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the valley below. visitors can explore the monastery complex, participate in religious ceremonies, and learn about Tibetan Buddhism.
4. Hike to the Chandratal Lake: The Chandratal Lake is a high-altitude lake situated in the Himalayan mountains. The lake can be reached by a moderate hike from Mandi. The hike offers beautiful views of the mountains and the lake.
5. Go rafting on the Beas River: The Beas River is one of the most popular rafting rivers in India. The river offers challenging rapids for experienced rafters. Rafting trips can be arranged through local tour operators.
6.Visit the Bhootnath Temple: The Bhootnath Temple is a popular Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Lord Shiva. The temple is situated on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the valley below. Visitors can participate in religious ceremonies, explore the temple complex, and learn about Hinduism.
7. Go paragliding in Bir Billing: Bir Billing is a popular paragliding site located about 30 kilometers from Mandi. Paragliding trips can be arranged through local tour operators.
8. Visit the Gurudwara Patshahi Tenth: The Gurudwara Patshahi Tenth is a Sikh temple located in Mandi. The temple is an important pilgrimage site for Sikhs. Visitors can explore the temple complex, participate in religious ceremonies, and learn about Sikhism.
9. Take a scenic drive to the Kullu Valley: The Kullu Valley is a beautiful valley located in the Himalayan mountains. The valley can be reached by a scenic drive from Mandi. The drive offers beautiful views of the mountains and the valley.
10. Shop at the Tibetan Market: The Tibetan Market is the best place to buy Tibetan handicrafts and souvenirs. The market is located in the old town of Mandi.