There are a variety of kid friendly things to do in Manchester, New Hampshire. For starters, the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire is a great option. This museum is designed for kids of all ages and features a variety of interactive exhibits. The New Hampshire State House is also a great option for kids. This stately building is open to the public and offers a variety of educational opportunities for kids. The McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center is another great option for kids. This center features a planetarium, an Observatory, and a variety of hands-on exhibits.Last but not least, the Manchester Historic Association offers a variety of kid friendly tours and programs. This is a great way for kids to learn about the history of Manchester and the state of New Hampshire.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Manchester, New Hampshire
1. Experience a Kid-Friendly Museum: The DiscoverSpace Exhibit at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center is a great kid-friendly option for exploring science and space. Themed exhibits and interactive activities make learning fun, and there’s also an indoor planetarium.
2. Enjoy Some Bouncing Fun: Kids will love bouncing around at one of Manchester’s indoor trampoline parks, such as Flip Out Trampoline Park or Defy Gravity Trampoline Park.
3. Get Creative at a Pottery Studio: Let the kids get creative at a pottery studio like The Mud Studio, where they can paint their own pottery or take part in a hand-building project.
4. Discover Nature at Massabesic Audubon Center: The Massabesic Audubon Center is a great place to explore nature with the kids. There are hiking trails, a nature center, and a variety of programs and events for families.
5.Explore Manchester’s Rail Trail: The Manchester Rail Trail is a great place to take a stroll or go for a bike ride with the kids. The trail winds through the city and past many of Manchester’s top attractions.
6. Visit the Currier Museum of Art: The Currier Museum of Art is a great place to take the kids for a day of art appreciation. The museum features a collection of European and American art, as well as temporary exhibitions.
7. Go on an Adventure at Amoskeag Fishways: The Amoskeag Fishways is a great place to learn about local aquatic wildlife. Kids can go on a self-guided tour of the fish ladder, view fish in the tanks, and participate in hands-on activities.
8. Enjoy Some Family Fun at Anheuser-Busch Brewery: The Anheuser-Busch Brewery in Manchester offers tours and tastings for the whole family to enjoy. Kids will love learning about the brewing process and seeing the historic brewery equipment.
9. See a Show at the Palace Theatre: The Palace Theatre is a great place to take the kids for a family-friendly show. The theatre regularly hosts Broadway shows, local performers, and other family-friendly events.
10. Visit the Manchester Millyard Museum: The Manchester Millyard Museum is a great place to learn about the city’s rich industrial history. The museum features exhibits on the textile industry, the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company, and the workers who made Manchester a thriving city.