Maluso is a municipality in the province of Basilan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 21,874 people. Maluso is a fishing town and the main source of livelihood of its residents is fishing. The people are also engaged in farming, trading, and other cottage industries. Aside from its beautiful scenery and hospitable people, Maluso is also known for its production of abaca.
There are a lot of kid friendly activities that can be done in Maluso. One of which is swimming. There are several beaches in Maluso where visitors can enjoy swimming and basking in the sun. For those who are not fond of swimming, they can enjoy exploring the town and interacting with the friendly locals. There are also a number of restaurants that offer delicious seafood dishes. Kids will surely enjoy munching on these scrumptious meals while listening to the waves crashing on the shore.
Aside from swimming and eating, kids can also enjoy kayaking, banana boat riding, and windsurfing. These activities can be done in the calm waters of Lamitan Bay. For those who want to explore the depths of the sea, they can go snorkeling and diving. There are a number of dive sites in Maluso where they can see a variety of colorful fish and other marine creatures.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Maluso, there are a number of resorts that offer comfortable accommodations. Some of these resorts also have facilities for kids so they can enjoy their stay even more.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maluso, Philippines
1) Visit the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park – The Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park is one of the Philippines’ top tourist destinations. It is located in the Sulu Sea and is home to a vast array of marine life. Visitors can go snorkelling or diving to get up close and personal with the colourful corals and fish.
2) Take a boat ride to Pamalican Island – Pamalican Island is a beautiful paradise located in the Bacuit Archipelago. Visitors can take a boat ride from Maluso to Pamalican Island to enjoy the white sandy beaches and crystal clear water. There are also a number of dive sites around the island for those who want to explore the underwater world.
3) Visit the Malalison Island Wildlife Sanctuary – The Malalison Island Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to see a variety of wildlife including birds, reptiles and mammals. The sanctuary is also home to a number of rare and endangered species. Visitors can take a nature walk through the sanctuary or go on a guided tour.
4) Swimming with whale sharks in Donsol – Donsol is known as the whale shark capital of the world and is a must-visit for anyone interested in these gentle giants. Visitors can go swimming with the whale sharks or take a boat ride to see them from a distance.
5) Island hopping around Puerto Galera – Puerto Galera is a beautiful island located in the Mindoro Strait. Visitors can take a boat ride from Maluso to Puerto Galera and go island hopping to visit the different beaches and resorts on the island.
6) Trekking through the Rice Terraces of Banaue – The Banaue Rice Terraces are one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Philippines. Visitors can take a trek through the rice terraces to see the amazing engineering feat up close.
7) Soaking up the sun at Boracay – Boracay is one of the most popular Island destinations in the Philippines. Visitors can enjoy the white sandy beaches, crystal clear water and exciting nightlife.
8) Hiking through the Chocolate Hills of Bohol – The Chocolate Hills of Bohol are one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Philippines. Visitors can take a hike through the hills to see the amazing natural phenomenon up close.
9) Seeing the Filipinos’ way of life in Palawan – Palawan is a beautiful island located in the western Philippines. Visitors can take a boat ride from Maluso to Palawan to see the different beaches and resorts on the island. They can also learn about the Filipinos’ way of life by visiting the different villages on the island.
10) Diving at Apo Reef – Apo Reef is one of the Philippines’ top diving destinations. It is located in the Sulu Sea and is home to a vast array of marine life. Visitors can take a dive to see the colourful corals and fish up close.