There are many kid-friendly things to do in Malavalli, India. One popular activity is to visit the ancient temples that dot the landscape. The Sri Veeranarayana Temple, the SriMahadeva Temple, and the Sri Someshwara Temple are all great places to explore with kids. Another fun activity is to take a boat ride on the Cauvery River. This is a great way to see the sights and get a feel for the local culture. Finally, no trip to Malavalli would be complete without a visit to the Mysore Zoo. This is one of the most popular zoos in all of India and is sure to be a hit with the kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Malavalli, India
1. Visit the Gomateshwara statue: The Gomateshwara statue is located in the town of Shravanabelagola and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the area. The statue stands at a height of 57 feet and is considered to be one of the tallest statues in the world.
2. Take a dip in the holy pond: Another popular attraction in Shravanabelagola is the holy pond, which is said to have healing powers. Visitors can take a dip in the pond and receive blessings from the monks.
3. Visit the temples: There are a number of temples located in and around Malavalli that are worth visiting. Some of the popular temples include the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, the Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, and the Sri Yoganarasimha Temple.
4. Go on a safari: The Bandipur National Park and the Nagarahole National Park are located close to Malavalli and offer visitors the opportunity to go on safari and see a variety of animals in their natural habitat.
5. Visit the waterfalls: Malavalli is home to a number of waterfalls, including the popular Sringeri Falls. The falls are located in the Western Ghats and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
6. Take a walk through the spice plantations: The close proximity of Malavalli to the Western Ghats means that there are a number of spice plantations in the area. Visitors can take a walk through the plantations and learn about the different spices that are grown there.
7. Visit the coffee plantations: Coffee is one of the main crops grown in the Western Ghats and there are a number of coffee plantations located in and around Malavalli. Visitors can learn about the process of coffee production and even sample some of the locally grown coffee.
8. Visit the wineries: The Nandi Hills area is home to a number of wineries and visitors can take tours of the facilities and learn about the wine-making process. Some of the wineries also offer tastings of their products.
9. Hike to the top of the Nandi Hills: The Nandi Hills are located close to Malavalli and offer stunning views of the surrounding area. Visitors can hike to the top of the hills and enjoy the views.
10. Go bird watching: The Western Ghats are home to a variety of bird species and there are a number of bird sanctuaries located in and around Malavalli. Visitors can go bird watching and see a variety of birds in their natural habitat.