Malakoff is a historic small town located in Henderson County, Texas. The town is home to several businesses, including a grocery store, hardware store, and several restaurants. The town also has a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a walking trail. There are also a number of events held in Malakoff throughout the year, such as the Annual Blueberry Festival and the Fall Harvest Festival.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Malakoff, Texas
1. Visit the Pioneer Village. The Pioneer Village is a great place for kids to learn about the history of Malakoff. The village has a variety of buildings, including a schoolhouse, a church, a courthouse, and a jail.
2. Take a ride on the Ghost Train. The Ghost Train is a popular attraction in Malakoff. The train takes riders through a dark tunnel and past a graveyard.
3. Visit the Malakoff Historical Museum. The Malakoff Historical Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the city. The museum has a variety of exhibits, including a model of the city in the 1800s.
4. Go fishing at the city pond. The city pond is a great place to take the kids fishing. The pond is stocked with catfish, bass, and sunfish.
5. Play in the park. Malakoff has a variety of parks, including a Splash Pad, a disc golf course, and a skatepark.
6. Visit the Library. The Library is a great place for kids to find books and other resources. The Library also has a variety of programs, including story time.
7. Go to the movies. Malakoff has its own movie theater, which is a great place to take the kids. The theater shows a variety of movies, including family-friendly films.
8. Get ice cream at the Dairy Queen. The Dairy Queen is a popular spot for kids to get ice cream. The Dairy Queen also has a variety of other menu items, including burgers and fries.
9. Go bowling. Malakoff has its own bowling alley, which is a great place to take the kids. The bowling alley has a variety of lanes, including lanes for beginners.
10. Have a picnic. Malakoff has a variety of parks and green spaces, which are great places to have a picnic.