Maiden is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The town is home to a number of parks, including the Maiden Community Park which features a playground, picnic shelters, and a walking trail. The Maiden Public Library is also a great place to take kids, with its weekly story times and large selection of children’s books. For a more active experience, the Mayden Skate Park offers a safe place for kids to skateboard and BMX. And of course, no trip to Maiden would be complete without a visit to the famous Catawba River, where kids can fish, swim, and explore the banks.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maiden, North Carolina
1. Visit the historic downtown area for shopping and dining.
2. Stroll or bike along the Catawba River.
3. Visit the H.P. Owenby Log Cabin Museum.
4. Attend a show at the Maiden Arts theatre.
5. Go fishing or canoeing at Lake Norman.
6. Visit the NC Nature Center.
7. Enjoy the Maiden Farmers Market.
8. Play at one of the city’s parks.
9. Go gem mining at the Emerald Village.
10. Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.