Magdalena Contreras is a borough in the west of Mexico City. It is also one of the 16 boroughs that, together with the Federal District, make up the Mexico City metropolitan area. The borough is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions, such as the Chapultepec Zoo, the Museo Nacional de Historia (National Museum of History), and the Parque Zoologico (Zoo Park). The Chapultepec Zoo is one of the largest zoos in Latin America and is home to over 500 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The Museo Nacional de Historia is a large museum with a number of exhibits on the history of Mexico, from the pre-Hispanic period to the present day. The Parque Zoologico is a smaller zoo with a focus on native Mexican animals, such as jaguars, pumas, and coyotes.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Magdalena Contreras, Mexico
1. There is a great amusement park located in Magdalena Contreras called Parque de Aventura. This park has a variety of rides and attractions, perfect for a day of fun with the kids.
2. The nature park Parque Nacional des Chihuahuas is a great place to take the kids for a day of hiking and exploring. Here they can see various species of animals, including the famous Chihuahua dogs.
3. The city also has a zoo, the Parque Zoologico de Mexico, where kids can see all sorts of different animals from around the world.
4. Magdalena Contreras is home to a number of museums, perfect for a rainy day activity with the kids. The Museo de Arte Popular is a great option, with its collection of folk art from around the country.
5. Another option for a rainy day is to head to the movies. Magdalena Contreras has a number of movie theaters, perfect for a fun afternoon with the kids.
6. For something a bit different, Magdalena Contreras also has a number of escape rooms, perfect for an afternoon of family fun.
7. Go karts are always a hit with kids, and Magdalena Contreras has a number of great options for go karting fun.
8. Magdalena Contreras is also home to a number of trampoline parks, perfect for an active day with the kids.
9. Magdalena Contreras also has a number of great restaurants perfect for a family meal out. Ponderosa is a great option, with its kid-friendly menu and family-friendly atmosphere.
10. Finally, Magdalena Contreras is home to a number of great parks perfect for a day of play with the kids. Parque México is a great option, with its playgrounds, picnic areas, and ponds.