Families traveling to Mae Sot with young children will find plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy. Start your days with a jungle safari tour where you can see elephants, tigers, and other wildlife up close. Visit the Mae Sot Waterfall for a refreshing swim, or explore one of the many caves in the area. Take a trek through the rice paddies or go bamboo rafting down the river – both great ways to get kids up and moving. In town, stroll the markets, get ice cream at a local cafe, or learn how to cook Thai food together. With so much to see and do, Mae Sot is the perfect destination for a family vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mae Sot, Thailand
1. Visit the Mae Sot Waterfall – The Mae Sot Waterfall is located just outside of the city and is a great spot for a day trip. The falls are about 26 meters high and you can swim in the pool at the base of the falls. There is also a restaurant and a few shops at the falls if you need a break from the water.
2. Take a Thai Cooking Class – If you’re looking to learn how to cook some traditional Thai food, Mae Sot is a great place to do it. There are a number of cooking schools in the city that offer classes for all levels.
3. Go Elephant Riding – Mae Sot is home to a number of elephant sanctuaries where you can go for a ride on one of these gentle giants. This is a great activity for the whole family.
4. Visit a Local Market – Mae Sot is home to a number of markets where you can find everything from fresh produce to souvenirs. This is a great place to bargain for some great deals.
5. Go Trekking – There are a number of great treks in and around Mae Sot that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside. This is a great way to get some exercise and see a bit of the country.
6. Visit a Temple – Mae Sot is home to a number of beautiful temples that are worth a visit. Many of these temples offer breathtaking views of the city and the surrounding countryside.
7. Go White Water Rafting – For those looking for a bit of excitement, Mae Sot offers some great white water rafting opportunities. There are a number of companies that offer tours and equipment rental.
8. Visit a Local Farm – Mae Sot is home to a number of farms where you can learn about how some of the local products are grown. This is a great activity for the kids.
9. Go Rock Climbing – For those who are looking for a bit of a challenge, Mae Sot offers some great rock climbing opportunities. There are a number of companies that offer tours and equipment rental.
10. Take a Thai Massage Class – If you’re looking to learn how to give a traditional Thai massage, Mae Sot is a great place to do it. There are a number of schools in the city that offer classes for all levels.