Madruga is a municipality in the Mayabeque Province of Cuba. The town is located in the northern part of the province, on the coast of the Gulf of Batabanó. Founded in 1849, Madruga is one of the oldest towns in Cuba.
The town is known for its sugar cane plantations and tobacco fields. Madruga is also home to a number of museums and cultural sites. The town has a number of kid-friendly activities, including a visit to the Museo de Madruga, a sugar cane plantation tour, and a visit to the tobacco fields. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in Madruga, as well as a number of beaches.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Madruga, Cuba
1. Stroll along the Malecón: The Malecón is a great place to take a walk, relax, and people watch.
2. Visit the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausoleum: This is a must-see for any history buff.
3. Pay respects at the Antonio Maceo Mausoleum: Another important mausoleum in Madruga.
4. See the Madruga Cathedral: The Madruga Cathedral is a beautiful piece of architecture.
5. Check out the Rafa Mendez Center: This center is home to a museum and cultural center.
6. Stop by the Cuban Center of Agricultural Sciences: This is a great place to learn about Cuban agriculture.
7. Visit the Madruga Aqueduct: This aqueduct is a popular tourist attraction.
8. Go swimming at the Playa Blanca: This is a beautiful beach perfect for a day of swimming.
9. Take a surf lesson at the Playa Blanca: The Playa Blanca is also a great place to take a surf lesson.
10. Hike up the Madruga Nature Park: This park is perfect for a nature hike.