When planning a trip to Madrid, Iowa with kids in tow, there are plenty of activities to keep them entertained. For outdoor fun, the Madrid City Park and Campground offer a playground, swimming pool, and hiking and biking trails. The Madrid Historical Museum is a great indoor activity, where kids can learn about the history of the area and see displays of vintage clothing and artifacts. For a sweet treat, stop by The Old Madrid Creamery for some handmade ice cream. And no visit to Madrid would be complete without a ride on the Madrid Passenger Train, a historic steam locomotive that runs through town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Madrid, Iowa
1. Visit the Madrid Historical Museum to learn about the town’s rich history.
2. Stroll down main street and see the many unique shops and businesses.
3. Visit the Madrid Public Library for a wide variety of books and activities.
4. Enjoy a picnic lunch in one of the town’s many parks.
5. Play a round of golf at the Madrid golf course.
6. Take a swim in one of the town’s two pools.
7. Go fishing in one of the town’s many lakes and ponds.
8. Go for a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in the area.
9. Camp out under the stars at one of the many campsites in the area.
10. Enjoy a day of shopping at one of the many shops and businesses in town.