No matter what time of year it is, Madison, Virginia is always brimming with kid-friendly activities. For the younger set, a trip to the Madison Children’s Museum is a must. This hands-on museum features ancient Egyptian artifacts, a life-size pioneer cabin, and an Art Studio where kids can let their imaginations run wild.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love spending a day exploring one of Madison’s many parks. The Madison-Barbour Rural Historic District is a great place to stretch your legs, and hike and bike trails abound. Or for a truly unique experience, head to Graves Mountain to dig for sparkling amethyst crystals.
And no visit to Madison would be complete without a stop at the local ice cream parlor, Dairy Queen. Serving up delicious treats for over 60 years, Dairy Queen is a Madison institution.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Madison, Virginia
1) Visit the Madison Museum of Bath County to learn about the history of the town and the people who have lived there.
2) Go for a walk or bike ride along the Madison Heritage Trail.
3) Visit the Confederate Museum to learn about the Civil War and the role Madison played in it.
4) Play a round of golf at the Madison Golf Club.
5) Visit the Library of Virginia to learn about the state’s history and culture.
6) Take a dip in the pool at the Madison Aquatic Center.
7) Visit the Madison Farmers’ Market to buy fresh produce and other goods from local vendors.
8) Catch a movie at the Quality 16 Cinema.
9) Go bowling at the Madison Bowl.
10) Play at one of the town’s many parks, including Central Park, Lakeview Park, and Veterans Memorial Park.