Macatuba is a municipality in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil. The city is located in the southeast region of the state, about 90 kilometers from the city of Sao Paulo. The population of Macatuba is around 35,000.
The city was founded in 1759 by Joao Batista da Costa and was originally called Vila Nova da Costa. The name was later changed to Macatuba, which means “black river” in the Tupi language.
Macatuba is a popular tourist destination for its kid-friendly attractions, which include the Safari Zoo, the Aquarium, and the Water Park. The Safari Zoo is home to over 1,200 animals from all over the world, and the Aquarium has over 200 species of fish. The Water Park has slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool. Other popular attractions in Macatuba include the Municipal Museum, the Botanical Garden, and the neighboring city of Campinas, which has a large shopping mall and a variety of restaurants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Macatuba, Brazil
1. Visit the Itatinga Dam: The Itatinga Dam is a great place to visit for a fun day out with the kids. There are plenty of activities to keep them entertained, including swimming, fishing, canoeing, and hiking.
2. Check out the Gralha Azul Waterfall: The Gralha Azul Waterfall is one of the most popular attractions in Macatuba. It’s a great place to take a hike and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
3. Visit the Serra do Itajaí National Park: The Serra do Itajaí National Park is a large protected area that is home to some of Brazil’s most unique animals and plants. It’s a great place to take a nature hike and learn about the local wildlife.
4. Spend a day at the beach: Macatuba is located close to some of Brazil’s best beaches, so it’s the perfect place to spend a day in the sun. There are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy, including swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles.
5.Take a tour of a sugarcane plantation: Macatuba is located in the heart of Brazil’s sugarcane region, so it’s the perfect place to take a tour of a working plantation. The kids will love learning about how sugarcane is grown and harvested.
6. Visit the Museu do Ipê: The Museu do Ipê is a great place to learn about the local history and culture. The museum has a variety of exhibits that focus on the indigenous people of the area, the history of sugarcane production, and the environmental issues facing the region.
7. Go birdwatching: The Macatuba area is home to a variety of bird species, making it a great place to go birdwatching. The kids will love looking for exotic birds in the trees and bushes.
8. Take a nature walk: Macatuba is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Brazil. There are plenty of hiking trails that wind through the lush forest. The kids will love exploring the different plants and animals that live in the area.
9. Try your hand at fishing: Macatuba is located in a region that is known for its excellent fishing. The kids will love trying to catch a fish in one of the many rivers and lakes.
10. Visit the local markets: The local markets are a great place to find unique souvenirs and try local foods. The kids will love browsing the stalls and finding treasures to take home.