In Lyman, Wyoming, there are various kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. For example, the Bighorn National Forest offers hiking and picnicking opportunities, as well as horseback riding and fishing in many of its lakes. The Forest also has numerous scenic drives, such as the Powder River Scenic Byway, which winds through forests and mountains.
For those interested in history, the Wyoming Dinosaur Center is a must-see. This museum is home to the largest collection of Jurassic fossils in the state, and offers guided tours, educational programs, and a Dig Site where kids can experience Paleontology firsthand.
Other kid-friendly attractions in Lyman include the John C. Freemont Recreation Center, which has a swimming pool, playground, and basketball courts, and the Lyman Golf Course, which is a great place to spend a sunny day.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lyman, Wyoming
1. Visit the Lyman Museum and Historic Center to learn about the history of the town and the surrounding area.
2. Walk or bike through the town to explore all it has to offer.
3. Visit the Lyman State Park to picnic, hike, fish, or camp.
4. Have a family fun day at the Lyman Community Swimming Pool.
5. Play a round of miniature golf at the Lyman Golf Course.
6. Visit the Rockpile Museum to see a collection of rocks and minerals from the area.
7. Go on a scenic drive through the beautiful countryside of Lyman.
8. Go fishing in one of the many lakes or rivers in the area.
9. Go hiking or mountain biking in the mountains near Lyman.
10. Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants in town.