If you’re looking for fun things to do with the kids in Lunenburg, Vermont, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. From exploring the historic downtown area to playing at one of the many parks, there’s something for everyone.
One of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Lunenburg is exploring the downtown area. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to keep them busy. If they’re looking for something a little more active, they can always head to one of the many parks in the area. There are plenty of playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails to keep them busy.
Another popular activity is visiting the Lunenburg Fairgrounds. The fairgrounds host a variety of events throughout the year, including the Lunenburg County Fair. This is a great place to take the kids if they’re looking for a fun day out.
If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, the Lunenburg Farmers Market is a great option. The market is open every Saturday from May to October. They offer a variety of local produce, crafts, and artisan goods. This is a great place to grab a bite to eat and support local businesses.
No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it in Lunenburg. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lunenburg, Vermont
1. Visit the Lunenburg Heritage Society’s Museum: The Lunenburg Heritage Society’s Museum is housed in an 18th-century farmhouse and tells the story of the town’s founding and its subsequent growth. The museum also has a collection of locally-made quilts and other artifacts.
2. Browse the shops on Lunenburg’s Main Street: Main Street is home to a number of cute shops, including a toy store, a candy store, and a couple of clothing stores.
3. Get ice cream at the Lunenburg Country Store: The Lunenburg Country Store is a historic general store that also happens to sell delicious ice cream.
4. Take a hike on the Long Trail: The Long Trail is a hiking trail that runs the length of Vermont. There are a number of access points in Lunenburg, and the trail offers beautiful views of the surrounding area.
5. Go swimming at the Lunenburg Public Beach: The Lunenburg Public Beach is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The beach has a playground and a picnic shelter, and is located on the shores of Lake Champlain.
6. Take a scenic drive on the Northeast Kingdom Byway: The Northeast Kingdom Byway is a 100-mile scenic drive that takes you through some of Vermont’s most beautiful countryside. The byway passes through Lunenburg, and there are a number of pull-offs where you can stop to enjoy the views.
7. Visit the Hill Farmstead Brewery: The Hill Farmstead Brewery is one of Vermont’s most popular breweries, and is located just a short drive from Lunenburg. The brewery offers tours and tastings, and has a beautiful setting overlooking a farm.
8. Go apple picking at Adams Apple Orchard: Adams Apple Orchard is a family-owned farm that has been in operation for over 100 years. The farm offers a variety of apples and other fruits, as well as a corn maze and hayrides in the fall.
9. Attend the Lunenburg Fair: The Lunenburg Fair is an annual event that celebrates the town’s agricultural heritage. The fair features a variety of food and craft vendors, as well as livestock and tractor shows.
10. Go sledding at Stowe Mountain: Stowe Mountain is a popular ski resort, but in the winter it also has a great sledding hill. The resort also offers ice skating, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.