Lubbock, Texas is known for its great family-friendly attractions! The city has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a great place to eat, a fun place to shop, or a fun place to play. Here are just a few of the kid-friendly things to do in Lubbock:
The Science Spectrum & Omni Theater is a great place to take the kids for a day of learning and fun. The Science Spectrum has over 250 hands-on exhibits for kids to enjoy, as well as a planetarium and an IMAX theater.
The Lubbock Children’s Museum is another great option for a fun and educational day out with the kids. The museum has three floors of interactive exhibits for kids to explore, as well as a cafe and a gift shop.
If your kids are looking for a little more action, head to Joyland Amusement Park. Joyland has over 30 rides and attractions, including a water park, go-karts, and a mini golf course.
For a fun day of shopping, head to the South Plains Mall. The mall has over 150 stores and restaurants, as well as a movie theater and a play area for kids.
No matter what you’re looking for, Lubbock has a great option for a fun and family-friendly day out!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lubbock, Texas
1. Visit the zoo – The Lubbock Zoo is home to more than 500 animals representing over 140 species. The zoo offers educational opportunities through animal encounters, shows, and events.
2. Take a tour of the Buddy Holly Center – The Buddy Holly Center is a museum and performance venue dedicated to the life and work of musician Buddy Holly. The center offers tours, exhibits, and films about Holly’s life and music.
3. Go to a museum – Lubbock is home to several museums, including the Museum of Texas Tech University, the Silent Wings Museum, and the National Ranching Heritage Center. Each museum offers different exhibitions and educational opportunities.
4. See a show at the Civic Center – The Lubbock Civic Center is a performing arts venue that hosts a variety of shows and events. The center presents everything from Broadway musicals to dance performances.
5. Visit the Japanese Garden – The Japanese Garden is a beautiful garden located on the campus of Texas Tech University. The garden features a variety of plant life, sculptures, and a tea house.
6. Learn about the history of the area at the Llano Estacado Museum – The Llano Estacado Museum is a museum dedicated to the history and culture of the Llano Estacado region. The museum offers exhibits, films, and educational programs.
7. Take a walk or bike ride through Mackenzie Park – Mackenzie Park is a large city park that offers trails for walking and biking, a dog park, a playground, and a golf course. The park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors.
8. Visit the Buddy Holly Gravesite – Buddy Holly’s gravesite is located in the city cemetery. The gravesite is a popular destination for fans of Holly’s music.
9. Have fun at Joyland Amusement Park – Joyland is an amusement park with rides, games, and a water park. The park is a great place for families to have fun.
10. Go shopping at the South Plains Mall – The South Plains Mall is a large shopping mall with over 150 stores. The mall has something for everyone, from clothes to electronics.