There are many kid friendly things to do in Lorena, Texas. One option is the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. This museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, animals, and plants. There is also a Discovery Theater, Planetarium, and Observatory. Another option is the Messina Hof Winery. This winery offers tours, tastings, and a gift shop. The Waco Mammoth National Monument is also a great option for kids. This monument is a site where fossils of mammoths have been found. There is a Visitor Center with exhibits, a film, and a gift shop. The Cameron Park Zoo is another great option for kids. This zoo has over 1,700 animals, a train, a carousel, and a splash pad.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lorena, Texas
1. Visit the Waco Mammoth National Monument – This national monument is dedicated to the preservation of the remains of a herd of mammoths that were discovered in the 1980s. Visitors can see the fossils up close, learn about the mammoths and their environment, and explore the nearby trails.
2. Take a scenic drive down the Lorena Scenic Drive – This scenic drive takes visitors through the beautiful countryside of Lorena, past fields of wildflowers and rolling hills. It’s a great way to take in the sights and sounds of the area.
3. Go fishing at Lake Waco – This man-made lake is a great place to catch a variety of fish, including bass, catfish, and perch. There are also several hiking and biking trails that wind around the lake, making it a great place to spend a day outdoors.
4. Visit the Dr Pepper Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of the Dr Pepper soft drink. Visitors can see vintage ads, learn about the bottling process, and even taste some of the different flavors of Dr Pepper.
5. Take a hike through Cameron Park – This city park is home to miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as a scenic lake. It’s a great place to get some fresh air and exercise, and the views from the top of the trails are breathtaking.
6. Visit the Mayborn Museum Complex – This museum complex houses a variety of interactive exhibits, including a replica of a dugout canoe and a working 1800s farm. There’s also a planetarium and an IMAX theater, making it a great place to spend a day with the family.
7. Play a round of golf at the Waco Municipal Golf Course – This 18-hole golf course is located in the heart of Waco and offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels. After your game, be sure to stop by the clubhouse for a bite to eat and a cold beverage.
8. Shop at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market – This weekly farmers market features fresh produce, local honey, homemade jams and jellies, and much more. It’s a great place to find unique gifts and support local businesses.
9. Catch a Waco Bluestem game – The Waco Bluestem is a minor league baseball team that plays its home games at the Waco Sports Complex. Catch a game and root for the home team as they take on other Texas teams.
10. Go on a ballon ride at the Waco Balloon Festival – This annual event features hot air balloon rides, live music, food vendors, and more. It’s a great way to experience the beauty of Waco from up above.