There are many kid friendly things to do in Lorain, Ohio. Lorain is home to a variety of parks, recreation areas, and educational facilities that are perfect for children of all ages. Many of the city’s parks feature playground equipment, picnic areas, and walking trails. The Lorain County Metro Parks system also operates a number of recreational facilities throughout the city, including an indoor water park, an outdoor swimming pool, and several public golf courses.
Lorain is also home to a number of museums and educational attractions that are perfect for kids. The Lorain County Historical Society operates a museum that tells the story of the city’s history and the people who have lived here. The Lorain County Children’s Museum is a hands-on educational facility that is perfect for kids of all ages. And the Lake Erie Nature & Science Center is a great place to learn about the natural world and the ecology of Lake Erie.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lorain, Ohio
1. Visit the Lorain County Speedway for a fun evening of watching exciting races.
2. Go to the Lorain County Metro Parks for a nature hike or a picnic lunch.
3. Visit the Splash Zone Waterpark for a day of water slides and swimming.
4. Take a trip to the Lorain County History Center to learn about the area’s past.
5. Visit the Lake Erie Crushers baseball stadium to watch a game and enjoy some delicious ballpark food.
6. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in Lorain County, such as Lake Erie or Lake Lorain.
7. Play some mini golf at one of the local courses, such as Diamond Lanes or Cedar Point Park.
8. Go for a bike ride on one of the many trails in Lorain County, such as the North Coast Inland Trail.
9. Go to the Lorain Palace Theatre to see a movie or a live performance.
10. Visit the Nord Center to see the animals and learn about ecology.