Looking for fun things to do with the kids in Longton, Kansas? You’ll find plenty of options! For starters, take the family to Biggs Park for a day of picnicking and playing in the sprinkler. When it’s hot outside, head to the Longton City Pool for a swim. Other great kid-friendly activities in Longton include visiting the Longton Community Market, going for a nature walk at Canning Creek Nature Preserve, and checking out the turtles and fish at the Longton City Lake. Of course, no trip to Longton would be complete without stopping by the famous Longton Dairy Queen for some Blizzards!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Longton, Kansas
1. Visit the Longton Community Museum and learn about the history of this small town in Kansas.
2. Stroll through the Longton City Park and take in the peaceful atmosphere.
3. Taste the locally-grown produce at the Longton Farmer’s Market.
4. Get up close and personal with some of the animals at the Longton Zoo.
5. Explore the Diabor Devil’s Gulch, a unique rock formation just outside of town.
6. Take a dip in the refreshing waters of Longton Lake.
7. Cast a line and see if you can catch dinner at one of the many fishing spots in and around Longton.
8. Go for a hike or bike ride along the scenic Flint Hills Nature Trail.
9. Play a round of golf at the Longton Country Club.
10. Visit the Longton Public Library and check out some of the great books they have to offer.