Lockbourne, Ohio, is a great place to bring your kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them entertained. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a must-see, and kids will love getting up close and personal with the animals. The center of Lockbourne is home to a number of businesses that cater to kids, including a toy store, an ice cream shop, and a arcade. There are also several parks in the area that are perfect for running around and playing. If you’re looking for a longer activity, Headley Park has a playground, a basketball court, and a walking trail.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lockbourne, Ohio
1. Columbus Zoo and Aquarium: The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a world-class facility that is home to over 10,000 animals. The zoo is divided into different regions, each with its own unique exhibits and attractions. The zoo also features a variety of educational programs, events, and camps.
2. COSI Columbus: COSI Columbus is a science museum that features over 300 hands-on exhibits. The museum also offers a planetarium, an IMAX theater, and a variety of educational programs.
3. Franklin Park Conservatory: The Franklin Park Conservatory is a botanical garden that features a variety of plant collections, gardens, and sculptures. The conservatory also offers educational programs, events, and classes.
4. The Ohio Statehouse: The Ohio Statehouse is the capitol building of the state of Ohio. The statehouse is open for tours, and also houses the Ohio State Museum, the State Library of Ohio, and the Supreme Court of Ohio.
5. The Santa Maria: The Santa Maria is a replica of Christopher Columbus’ flagship vessel. The ship is moored on the Scioto River in downtown Columbus and is open for tours.
6. The Wexner Center for the Arts: The Wexner Center for the Arts is an arts center that features a variety of galleries, theaters, and educational programs. The center is also home to the Ohio State University Museum of Art.
7. The German Village: The German Village is a historic district in Columbus that is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and pubs. The village is also home to the Schiller Park, the German Heritage Museum, and the German Village Society.
8. The Short North: The Short North is a historic district in Columbus that is home to a variety of galleries, shops, restaurants, and nightclubs. The district is also home to the historic Northern Lights Theater and the Ohio Theater.
9. The Easton Town Center: The Easton Town Center is a shopping mall that features a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. The mall also features a movie theater, an ice rink, and a variety of events.
10. The Columbus Clippers: The Columbus Clippers are the minor league baseball team of the Cleveland Indians. The team plays its home games at the Huntington Park in downtown Columbus.