Lo Prado is a municipality in the Metropolitan Region of Santiago, Chile. The town is located in the southern part of Santiago, on the Maipo River. Lo Prado is a relatively new municipality, having been founded in 1925. The municipality spans an area of 8.8 square miles (22.7 square kilometers). Lo Prado is home to a population of over 130,000 people.
Lo Prado is a great place for families with kids. There are a number of parks and playgrounds in the municipality, as well as a public swimming pool. The Parque Bicentenario is a large park with a playground, picnic areas, and a lake. The Museo Interactivo Mirador is a hands-on museum that is great for kids of all ages. The municipality also has a number of sports facilities, including a soccer stadium, tennis courts, and a skate park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lo Prado, Chile
1. Stop by the Lo Prado Municipal Library to pick up some new books.
2. Visit the Lo Prado Municipal Museum to learn about the history and culture of the area.
3. Take a stroll through Parque Los Reyes to see the beautiful flowers and trees.
4. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants or cafes in Lo Prado.
5. Have some fun at the Lo Prado Municipal Pool.
6. Play some tennis at the Lo Prado Municipal Tennis Courts.
7. Get some exercise at the Lo Prado Municipal Gym.
8. Do some shopping at one of the many stores in Lo Prado.
9. Take a walk or ride a bike through one of the many parks in Lo Prado.
10. Visit one of the many tourist attractions in Lo Prado, such as Cerro San Cristobal.