There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Livermore, Kentucky. For one, there is the Kentucky Speedway, which hosts NASCAR events throughout the year. The speedway also offers a variety of kids camps and educational programs. For history buffs, there is the Lincoln Heritage Museum, which chronicles the 16th president’sKentucky childhood. Art lovers will enjoy the Lindsay Wilson Art Gallery, which showcases local and regional artists. And for those who just want to have some fun, there is the Kentucky Kingdom amusement park, which features more than 50 rides, including roller coasters, water rides, and a Ferris wheel. No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone in Livermore, Kentucky.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Livermore, Kentucky
1. Take a nature walk: There are plenty of hiking trails in and around Livermore that are perfect for exploring with kids. Some of our favorites include Castlewood State Park, Glenn E. Black Labrador Lake Nature Preserve, and Bernheim Forest.
2. Have a picnic: Livermore is home to several parks that are perfect for picnics, including Memorial Park, Price Park, and Waverly Park.
3. Visit a farm: Livermore is located in the heart of Kentucky’s agricultural region, so there are plenty of farms to choose from. Visit a local farm to learn about where your food comes from and meet some friendly farm animals.
4. Go fishing: Fishing is a popular pastime in Livermore, and there are several lakes and ponds in the area that are perfect for a day of fishing with the kids. Some of our favorites include Herrington Lake, Nolin River Lake, and Rough River Lake.
5. Ride bikes: Livermore is a great place to explore on two wheels. There are several miles of paved bike trails that wind through town and offer beautiful views of the countryside.
6. Play mini golf: Mini golf is a great way to spend an afternoon with the kids. Livermore has several mini golf courses to choose from, including The Island putt putt course and the Dinosaur Adventure Golf course.
7. Go bowling: Bowling is a classic family activity, and Livermore has two great bowling alleys to choose from: Ken-Ten Lanes and Jamboree Lanes.
8. Visit a museum: Livermore is home to several museums that are perfect for a day of learning. Some of our favorites include the National Corvette Museum, the Owensboro Museum of Science and History, and the Kentucky Artisan Center.
9. See a movie: what’s a better way to beat the summer heat than by seeing a movie in an air-conditioned theater? Livermore has several movie theaters to choose from, including the Livermore Cinemas and the Hollywood Theater.
10. Go for ice cream: no matter what time of year it is, ice cream is always a good idea! Livermore has several ice cream shops to choose from, including the old-fashioned ice cream parlor at the Historic Wilson Farm.