Little Rock, Iowa may be a small town, but it has a lot to offer families with young children. The town has a number of parks, including a spray park, a playground, and a disc golf course. Little Rock also has a public library with a wide selection of books and materials for kids of all ages. Families can also take advantage of the Little Rock River Walk, which offers scenic views and is a great place to take a stroll with the kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Little Rock, Iowa
1. Visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium – This museum is dedicated to the history and culture of the Mississippi River. There are interactive exhibits, a aquarium, and a theater.
2. Take a sightseeing cruise on the riverboat Twilight – The Twilight is a replica of a 19th century paddle wheeler. It offers cruises with live music and commentary about the history of the river.
3. Go fishing off the High Trestle Trail Bridge – The High Trestle Trail Bridge is a half-mile long pedestrian and bicycle bridge that goes over the Des Moines River. It is a popular spot for fishing.
4. See the animals at the Blank Park Zoo – The Blank Park Zoo is a small zoo with over 800 animals. THe zoo is focused on conservation and education.
5. Walk or bike the 12 miles of trails at Pinnacle Mountain State Park – Pinnacle Mountain State Park has 12 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. There are also picnicking and camping areas.
6. Visit the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum – The Clinton Presidential Library is a museum about the life and Presidency of Bill Clinton. It is also a research library with over 30 million documents.
7. Take a tour of the historic Arkansas State Capitol building – The Arkansas State Capitol is a historic building that houses the Arkansas State Legislature. Tours of the building are available.
8. Shop and dine in the River Market District – The River Market District is a popular area in Little Rock with shops, restaurants, and nightlife.
9. Attend a performance at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre – The Arkansas Repertory Theatre is the state’s largest professional theatre company. It produces classic and contemporary plays.
10. View art at the Arkansas Arts Center – The Arkansas Arts Center is a museum with a collection of art from around the world. It also has a theatre and performing arts school.