Liberty, Texas, is a great place for kids to have fun and explore. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in this historic town. Visit the Liberty Municipal Library and Children’s Museum, take a ride on the Liberty Orient Express Train, or explore one of the many parks and playgrounds. For a more educational experience, visit the Liberty Historic District and learn about the town’s rich history. Don’t forget to stop by one of the local ice cream shops or bakeries for a sweet treat!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Liberty, Texas
1. tour the Liberty Lolly Pop Company – The Liberty Lolly Pop Company is a kid friendly tour that includes a behind the scenes look at how lollipops are made. There is also a gift shop where kids can purchase lollipops and other candy.
2. visit the Liberty Municipal Zoo – The Liberty Municipal Zoo is home to over 150 animals, including lions, tigers, bears, and reptiles. The zoo also has a playground, picnic areas, and a train that kids can ride.
3. take a tour of the Liberty Fire Department – The Liberty Fire Department offers tours of the station, as well as the chance to see the firefighters in action. Kids can also learn about fire safety and see the fire trucks up close.
4. visit the Liberty Public Library – The Liberty Public Library has a wide variety of books and resources for kids, as well as a large children’s section. The library also offers story times and other programs for kids.
5. take a hike at the Sam Houston National Forest – The Sam Houston National Forest offers over 100 miles of hiking trails, as well as opportunities for camping, picnicking, fishing, and bird watching.
6. go for a swim at the Liberty Municipal Pool – The Liberty Municipal Pool is a great place to cool off during the summer months. The pool has a diving board, a kiddie pool, and a snack bar.
7. explore the Liberty History Museum – The Liberty History Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Liberty and the surrounding area. The museum features exhibits on the Texas Revolution, early settlers, and the Civil War.
8. visit the Liberty Bell – The Liberty Bell is a replica of the original Liberty Bell that is located in Philadelphia. The bell is located in a park in downtown Liberty and is rung every hour.
9. take a walk or ride a bike on the Liberty trails – The city of Liberty has over 10 miles of trails that wind through the city. The trails are great for walking, running, or biking, and offer a great way to see the city.
10. visit the Liberty weekly farmers market – The Liberty weekly farmers market is a great place to find fresh produce, flowers, and other local items. The market is held every Saturday morning in downtown Liberty.