There are many kid friendly things to do in Lewisville, Ohio. The city has a number of parks, including a water park, a playground, and a walking trail. There are also a number of museums and historical sites. The city also hosts a number of events throughout the year, including a carnival, a Fourth of July celebration, and a Halloween parade.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lewisville, Ohio
1. Take a tour of the historic Octagon House. The Octagon House is a historic house in Lewisville, Ohio that was built in the mid-19th century. It is one of the few houses in the state that is octagonal in shape. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
2. Visit the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area. The Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area is a nature preserve that is located on the shores of Lewisville Lake. The preserve is home to a variety of plant and animal species, as well as a nature center where visitors can learn about the area’s ecology.
3. Go fishing at Lewisville Lake. Lewisville Lake is a man-made reservoir that is located on the east fork of the Little Miami River. The lake is a popular spot for fishing, as it is home to a variety of fish species such as largemouth bass, catfish, and crappie.
4. Take a scenic hike at Hueston Woods State Park. Hueston Woods State Park is located just south of Lewisville and features over 3,000 acres of forested land. The park has a variety of hiking trails, as well as a lake where visitors can go fishing, swimming, or canoeing.
5. Visit the Miami Valley Railroad Museum. The Miami Valley Railroad Museum is located in Lewisville and chronicles the history of railroading in the Miami Valley region. The museum features a variety of exhibits, as well as a working model railroad.
6. Play a round of golf at the Windy Knoll Golf Club. The Windy Knoll Golf Club is a 27-hole public golf course that is located just outside of Lewisville. The course features a variety of challenging holes, as well as a clubhouse and pro shop.
7. Go shopping at the Lewisville Shopping Center. The Lewisville Shopping Center is the largest shopping complex in Lewisville and features a variety of stores and restaurants. The shopping center is also home to a movie theater and a bowling alley.
8. Visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is a children’s museum located in Lewisville. The museum features a variety of interactive exhibits, as well as a Planetarium and an IMAX theater.
9. Take a tour of the A.J. Jolly Cemetery. The A.J. Jolly Cemetery is a historic cemetery that is located just outside of Lewisville. The cemetery is the final resting place for a number of notable individuals, including several Civil War veterans.
10. Go tubing down the Little Miami River. The Little Miami River is a scenic river that runs through Lewisville. The river is popular for tubing, as it is gentle and has a number of sandbars where visitors can take a break.