There are many kid friendly activities to do in Leuven, Belgium. Leuven is home to a large number of parks, playgrounds, and museums that are perfect for kids of all ages. The Leuven Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see some of the amazing animals that call Belgium home. The Belleffe castle is also a great place to visit, as it is one of the oldest and most well-preserved castles in all of Europe. For those kids who love to be active, there are plenty of activities to do in Leuven as well. There are numerous biking and walking trails throughout the city that are perfect for exploring. Additionally, the Leuven Aquatic Centre is a great place to take a dip on a hot day. No matter what your kids are interested in, there are plenty of kid friendly activities to do in Leuven, Belgium.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Leuven, Belgium
1. Visit the Leuven Christmas Market – The Leuven Christmas Market is one of the most popular Christmas markets in Belgium. It is located in the historic center of Leuven and features over 100 stalls selling Christmas decorations, toys, and collectibles. There is also a large ice rink, a ferris wheel, and a carousel. The market is open from late November to early January.
2. Go to the Leuven Toy Museum – The Leuven Toy Museum is located in the center of town and features over 5,000 toys from all over the world. The museum is open all year round and is suitable for children of all ages.
3. Take a walk through the Hoegaarden Brewery – The Hoegaarden Brewery is located just outside of Leuven and offers guided tours of the facility. The tour includes a free beer tasting and ends in the gift shop where visitors can purchase souvenirs.
4. rent some bikes and explore – Leuven is a very bike-friendly city and there are plenty of places to rent bikes. There are also a number of bike paths throughout the city that are perfect for exploring.
5. Visit the Leuven Zoo – The Leuven Zoo is located on the outskirts of the city and is home to over 1,000 animals from all over the world. The zoo also has a playground, a petting zoo, and a restaurant.
6. Go to the Continium Discovery Center – The Continium Discovery Center is a science museum that is perfect for children. It features over 50 interactive exhibits that cover a wide range of topics. The museum is open all year round.
7. Spend a day at the Plopsaland De Panne – Plopsaland De Panne is a theme park located just outside of Leuven. The park has a number of rides, shows, and attractions, as well as a water park.
8. Visit the Leuven City Museum – The Leuven City Museum is located in the center of town and chronicles the history of the city. The museum is open all year round and is suitable for children of all ages.
9. Go to the M-Museum – The M-Museum is located in the center of town and is dedicated to the history of the Leuven municipality. The museum is open all year round and is suitable for children of all ages.
10. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the city – Leuven is a very picturesque city and a horse-drawn carriage ride is a great way to see it. Carriage rides are available from a number of companies and usually last around 30 minutes.