Lerum is a municipality in central Sweden with a population of just over 30,000. It is located in the province of Västra Götaland and is part of the Gothenburg region. The municipality covers an area of just over 100 square kilometers and is made up of several small villages. Lerum is a very kid friendly municipality with plenty of things for families to do.
There are several parks and playgrounds located throughout the municipality. Rådhusparken is a large park in the center of Lerum with a playground, a pond, and plenty of green space. There is also a Splash Park located in the village of Harestad. The Splash Park has several water features and is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
If you are looking for something a bit more active, there are several hiking and biking trails located in Lerum. The trails wind through the forests and offer stunning views of the countryside. You can also go fishing in several of the lakes.
There are also several museums and cultural centers in Lerum. The Hemslöjd museum offers a glimpse into the traditional crafts of the region. The Västanå Theater is a popular theater that stages a variety of productions throughout the year. There is also an annual folk music festival that takes place in the summer.
Lerum is a great place to visit with kids. There are plenty of things to keep them entertained while also offering a chance to experience the culture and history of the region.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lerum, Sweden
1. Take a walk around Lerum’s picturesque old town. Stroll down narrow winding streets lined with well-preserved 18th and 19th-century buildings, and admire the charming architecture.
2. Visit Lerum’s lovely green spaces. Pack a picnic and relax in one of the public parks, or take a walking or biking trail through the countryside.
3. Visit the Gamla Staden open-air museum. This open-air museum is located in the old town and features historic buildings and exhibits on life in past centuries.
4. Head to Stora torget, Lerum’s central square. This square is surrounded by cafes, shops, and historical buildings, and is a great place to people watch or take a break from sightseeing.
5. Visit the Lerum Museum. This museum is housed in a 17th-century building and features exhibits on the history and culture of Lerum.
6. See the unique Blue Dala Horses. These painted wooden horses are a traditional Swedish handicraft, and there are several shops in Lerum where you can purchase them.
7. Sample some of Lerum’s locally produced food and drink. The town is home to several farms and producers of cheese, meat, honey, and spirits.
8. Take a boat ride on Lake Aspen. This large lake is located just outside of Lerum, and boat rentals are available.
9. Go swimming at one of Lerum’s many lakes. With over 30 lakes located nearby, there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for a refreshing swim.
10. Take a day trip to one of the nearby towns or attractions. Lerum is centrally located, making it a great base for exploring the rest of Sweden.