Leola, South Dakota is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to keep little ones busy, including the Leola Children’s Museum, the Leola City Park, and the Leola Public Library. The Leola Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum with lots of interactive exhibits. The Leola City Park has a playground, a splash pad, and a picnic shelter. The Leola Public Library has a kids’ corner with a story time room. There are also several family-friendly restaurants in Leola, including the Leola Diner, the Leola Pizza Ranch, and the Leola Steakhouse.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Leola, South Dakota
1. Visit the Prairie Homestead Historic site to learn about the area’s history and see how the pioneers lived.
2. Drive out to the Badlands to see the unique landscape and wildlife.
3. Take a scenic drive down the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands.
4. Go hiking or biking in one of the many parks and recreation areas.
5. Visit the Wall Drug Store, a famous roadside attraction.
6. Explore the underground caves at Wind Cave National Park.
7. Go fishing or boating at Lewis and Clark Lake.
8. Visit the Mount Rushmore National Monument to see the faces of America’s presidents carved into the mountain.
9. Take a walk through the historic town of Deadwood.
10. Attend the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the largest rally in the United States.