For the younger crowd, Lehighton has a number of kid-friendly activities available. The Poconos are a great destination for families and offer many kid-oriented attractions such as Camelbeach Waterpark, Pocono TreeVentures, and Shawnee Mountain. Adventure seekers will enjoy the zip lining and paintballing at PoconoZip, while those looking for a more relaxed experience can take a scenic gondola ride at Shawnee Mountain. There are also many kid-friendly hiking trails in the area that offer stunning views of the Pocono Mountains.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lehighton, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Carbon County Museum for a glimpse into the area’s past. The museum is located in an old jailhouse and has exhibits on the county’s history, from the days of the Native Americans to the present.
2. Take a walk or bike ride on the Lehigh Gorge State Park Trail. The trail runs for 26 miles along the Lehigh River and is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.
3. Catch a movie at the Mahoning Drive-In Theater. The theater has been in operation since 1948 and is a great place to enjoy a classic film.
4. Visit the Eckley Miners’ Village to learn about the area’s coal mining history. The village has a number of restored buildings, including a schoolhouse and a church.
5. Play a round of golf at the Mahoning Valley Country Club. The club features an 18-hole course with stunning views of the surrounding hills.
6. Get your adrenaline fix at the Pocono Raceway. The raceway hosts a number of events throughout the year, including NASCAR races.
7. Shop for locally made goods at the Lehighton Farmers Market. The market is open from May through November and features a variety of vendors selling everything from produce to handmade jewelry.
8. Take a scenic drive down the winding Skyline Drive. The drive offers beautiful views of the Pocono Mountains and is a great way to relax and get away from it all.
9. Go for a hike in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. The recreation area includes 70,000 acres of forest and is a great place to explore the great outdoors.
10. Visit the Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom for a day of fun. The park is home to more than 100 rides and attractions, making it a great place to spend a day with the family.