Lebanon, New Hampshire is a great place to raise a family. With its small-town feel and great schools, it is the perfect place to call home. However, Lebanon is also home to a variety of kid-friendly activities. From hiking to swimming, there is something for every family to enjoy.
Some of the great hiking trails in Lebanon include the Moose Mountain Trail and the Storrs Pond Recreation Area. For those looking to cool off, the Lebanon Recreation and Parks Department offers a variety of swim lessons and open swim times. They also have a playground and a spray park, perfect for those hot summer days.
If you are looking for something a little more unique, Lebanon is also home to the Lebanon Opera House. This historic theater offers a variety of shows and events for the whole family to enjoy. From concerts to plays, there is something for everyone at the Lebanon Opera House.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lebanon, New Hampshire
1. Visit the Husky House: The Husky House is a must-see for anyone visiting Lebanon with kids. This animal shelter is home to over 100 Siberian Huskies, and offers tours, educational programs, and husky-themed merchandise.
2. Go skiing or snowboarding at Ragged Mountain: Ragged Mountain is one of the best places to ski or snowboard in New Hampshire. The resort offers a variety of trails for all skill levels, as well as lessons and rentals.
3. Take a hike: Lebanon is home to some beautiful hiking trails, perfect for a family outing. Some of our favorites include the Mascoma Lake Trail and the Moat Mountain Trail.
4. Visit the Lebanon Artisan Cooperative: The Lebanon Artisan Cooperative is a great place to find unique gifts and souvenirs. The cooperative offers a variety of handcrafted items from local artists, as well as classes and workshops.
5. Get ice cream at Sugar Hill Creamery: Sugar Hill Creamery is a must-visit for anyone with a sweet tooth. This local ice cream shop offers a wide variety of flavors, as well as vegan and gluten-free options.
6. Go swimming at White River: White River is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The river features a sand beach, picnic areas, and a playground.
7. Visit the New Hampshire State House: The New Hampshire State House is a great place to learn about the history of the state. The State House offers tours, exhibits, and a chance to see the state legislature in action.
8. Have lunch at the Lebanon Farmer’s Market: The Lebanon Farmer’s Market is a great place to find locally grown produce and goods. The market is open every Saturday from May to October.
9. Go fishing at Mascoma Lake: Mascoma Lake is a great place to fish for trout, bass, and other freshwater fish. A fishing license is required for anyone 16 and over.
10. Take a scenic drive: Lebanon is located in the heart of the White Mountains, making it the perfect place to go for a scenic drive. Some of our favorite routes include the Kancamagus Highway and the Mt. Washington Auto Road.