There are many kid friendly things to do in Lawndale, North Carolina. A few of these include going to the South Mountain State Park, visiting the Tweetsie Railroad, going on a nature hike at the Uwharrie National Forest, and visiting the Mayberry Days Festival. South Mountain State Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of hiking and picnicking. The Tweetsie Railroad is a kid-friendly attraction that offers rides on a real steam train. For a nature hike, the Uwharrie National Forest is a great option and kids will love seeing all the animals along the way. The Mayberry Days Festival is a great event for kids of all ages and features a variety of activities, including a parade, live music, and carnival games.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lawndale, North Carolina
1) Visit the Lawndale Railroad Museum: The Lawndale Railroad Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the railroad in North Carolina. The museum has a variety of exhibits, including a model train display and a vintage locomotive.
2) Take a walk or bike ride on the Catawba River Greenway: The Catawba River Greenway is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. The greenway is a paved trail that runs along the Catawba River.
3) Visit the Warlick Family YMCA: The Warlick Family YMCA is a great place for kids to stay active. The YMCA offers a variety of recreational activities, including a gym, pool, and basketball court.
4) Play at one of Lawndale’s parks: Lawndale has several parks that are perfect for a day of play. Some of the parks include Memorial Park, Southside Park, and Central Park.
5) Go fishing at Lake Waccamaw: Lake Waccamaw is a great place to go fishing. The lake is stocked with a variety of fish, including bass, catfish, and crappie.
6) Visit the Lake Waccamaw State Park: The Lake Waccamaw State Park is a great place to explore the outdoors. The park offers a variety of activities, including hiking, biking, and fishing.
7) Have a picnic at the Lawndale Community Center: The Lawndale Community Center is a great place to have a picnic. The center has a large picnic shelter and a playground.
8) See a movie at the Lawndale Cinema: The Lawndale Cinema is a great place to catch a movie. The cinema offers a variety of movie genres, including action, comedy, and drama.
9) Play mini golf at the Lawndale Golf Course: The Lawndale Golf Course is a great place to play mini golf. The course has 18 holes of mini golf, as well as a driving range and a putting green.
10) Visit the shops and restaurants in downtown Lawndale: Downtown Lawndale is a great place to explore. The area has a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a farmers’ market.