If you’re looking for some kid-friendly fun in Laventille, Trinidad and Tobago, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of great things for kids to do in this vibrant and colorful city. From exploring the many markets and street vendors, to dancing to the rhythms of Calypso and Soca music, to playing in one of the many parks or playgrounds, there’s something for everyone in Laventille.
One of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Laventille is visiting theEmperor Valley Zoo. This zoo is home to over 200 different animals, including lions, tigers, and monkeys. Kids will love getting up close and personal with some of the animals, and there are also plenty of educational opportunities at the Emperor Valley Zoo.
Another great activity for kids in Laventille is visiting the Laventille Hills. These hills offer sweeping views of the city, and they’re perfect for a hike or a picnic. There are also several playgrounds and parks located along the Laventille Hills, so kids can let off some steam while they take in the stunning views.
If you’re looking for some culture, the Art in Motion studio offers art classes for kids of all ages. Here, kids can explore their creativity and learn about different art styles from around the world.
Finally, no visit to Laventille would be complete without experiencing the city’s vibrant music and nightlife. There are several clubs and bars that host kid-friendly events, and the music scene is always pumping with the sounds of Calypso, Soca, and Reggae.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Laventille, Trinidad And Tobago
1. La Vega Estate: La Vega Estate is a working cocoa plantation that offers tours and chocolate making classes for kids.
2. Lopinot historical site and nature trail: The Lopinot historical site and nature trail offers a glimpse into the history of Trinidad and Tobago. Kids can learn about the country’s colonial past and see some of the oldest buildings in the country.
3. Matura Beach: Matura Beach is a beautiful sandy beach that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
4. Caroni Bird Sanctuary: The Caroni Bird Sanctuary is a must-see for bird lovers. Kids can see over 50 species of birds, including the scarlet ibis.
5. Asa Wright Nature Centre: The Asa Wright Nature Centre is a great place to learn about the ecology of Trinidad and Tobago. Kids can see a variety of birds, mammals, and reptiles, and go on guided nature walks.
6. The Queen’s Park Savannah: The Queen’s Park Savannah is a large park in the heart of Port of Spain. Kids can feed the ducks, play in the playground, or just enjoy the scenery.
7. The National Museum and Art Gallery: The National Museum and Art Gallery offers a glimpse into the history and culture of Trinidad and Tobago. Kids can see paintings, sculpture, and pottery from the country’s past, and learn about the people and events that have shaped Trinidad and Tobago.
8. The Botanic Gardens: The Botanic Gardens are a tranquil oasis in the heart of Port of Spain. Kids can explore the gardens, see the resident monkeys, and feed the fish in the pond.
9. The Emperor Valley Zoo: The Emperor Valley Zoo is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and gorillas. Kids can learn about the animals and see them up close.
10. The National Zoo: The National Zoo is located in the town of Debe. Kids can see a variety of animals, including elephants, rhinos, and leopards.