Looking for kid friendly things to do in Laurens, Iowa? Look no further! Here are some great ideas:
Take a trip to the Maynes Grove Zoo! Kids will love seeing all the different animals, and you can even feed some of them.
Visit the Iowa Orphan Train Museum. This museum tells the story of the more than 10,000 children who were placed on orphan trains from 1854 to 1929.
Explore the Workingman’s Friend Coal Mine. This coal mine is now a museum, and kids can take a tour to learn about coal mining history.
For a fun indoor activity, check out the Oneota Community Food Co-op. Kids can help with grocery shopping, and they’ll love the delicious food!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Laurens, Iowa
1. go to the Laurens Public Library
2. explore Laurens City Park
3. go fishing at the Dodds Park pond
4. have a picnic lunch at the Laurens Memorial Park
5. play on the playground equipment at the Memorial Park
6. visit the animals at the Laurens Animal Shelter
7. take a walk or bike ride around Laurens
8. learn about the history of Laurens at the Laurens Museum
9. buy some ice cream at the Laurens Dairy Queen
10. get a treat at the Laurens Bakery