Las Piedras may be a small city, but it certainly packs a punch when it comes to kid-friendly activities. From engaging museums to outdoor activities, there’s something for every activity.
The Museum of Las Piedras is a great place to start. Kids will love exploring the interactive exhibits, and adults will appreciate the museum’s history and culture. Afterward, take a stroll through one of the city’s many parks. The Parque Central is a great option, and it’s perfect for people watching. Make sure to stop by the playground, and let the kids run off some energy.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, consider heading to the Piedras del Rey Water Park. The park has a variety of slides and pools, making it a great place to cool off on a hot day. For something a little different, check out the Acuario de Las Piedras. The aquarium is home to a wide variety of fish, reptiles, and amphibians, and kids will love getting up close and personal with the animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Las Piedras, Uruguay
1. Visit the Estadio Gran Parque Central. This is the largest stadium in Uruguay and home to the national football team. It is located in the capital city of Montevideo.
2. Take a trip to the Colonia del Sacramento. This is a small town located in the southwest of Uruguay. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture.
3. Stop by the Iglesia de San Francisco. This is the oldest church in Uruguay and a beautiful example of colonial architecture. It is located in the capital city of Montevideo.
4. Check out the Museo del Gaucho y la Moneda. This museum is dedicated to the history and culture of the gauchos, the traditional cowboys of Uruguay. It is located in the city of Montevideo.
5. Visit the Museo Nacional de Artes Visuales. This museum is Uruguay’s national museum of art and is located in the capital city of Montevideo. It has a collection of Uruguayan and international art.
6. Take a walk through the Parque Rodo. This is a large park located in the capital city of Montevideo. It is a great place to relax or take a walk.
7. Visit the Parque de los Pocitos. This is another large park located in the capital city of Montevideo. It has a large lake where you can go for a walk or a swim.
8. Stop by the Plaza Independencia. This is the main square in the capital city of Montevideo. It is a great place to people watch and see some of the city’s most important buildings.
9. Check out the Cerro de Montevideo. This is a large hill located in the capital city of Montevideo. From the top, you can get a great view of the city.
10. Take a trip to the Punta del Este. This is a popular resort town located in the southeast of Uruguay. It is known for its beaches and nightlife.