Lannon is a village in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,504 at the 2010 census. Lannon is a community of approximately 1,600 people located in southeastern Wisconsin, approximately 30 miles northwest of Milwaukee. The Village of Lannon is situated within the Town of Lisbon at the confluence of the North and Souix rivers. Lannon is adjacent to the unincorporated communities of Saylesville and Colgate.
Lannon is a great place to raise a family with many kid friendly activities. There are plenty of parks and playgrounds for children to explore and play in. The Village also has an excellent public library with many programs and events for kids. In the summer months, children can cool off at the community pool. Lannon also has a number of youth sports leagues, such as baseball, basketball, and soccer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lannon, Wisconsin
1. C men’s dino park: This is a great place for kids to learn about dinosaurs and have fun at the same time. There is a variety of different dinosaur sculptures for kids to explore, as well as a small playground.
2. Village of Lannon showcases: The village of Lannon has a variety of different shops and businesses that showcase local talent and products. There are also a number of restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops for kids to enjoy.
3. Lannon Stein: The Lannon Stein is a large glacial erratic that is located on the edge of the village. Kids can explore the different rock formations and learn about the history of the area.
4. Menomonee River Parkway: The Menomonee River Parkway is a great place for kids to explore the outdoors. There are hiking trails, fishing spots, and picnic areas.
5. Lannon Library: The Lannon Library is a great place for kids to find books and other materials about dinosaurs. The library also has a variety of different programs for kids to participate in.
6. Lannon Elementary School: Lannon Elementary School is a great place for kids to learn about dinosaurs. The school has a number of different exhibits and activities for kids to enjoy.
7. Lannon Park: Lannon Park is a great place for kids to play. There is a playground, a basketball court, and a number of different walking trails.
8. Lannon Bowling Alley: The Lannon Bowling Alley is a great place for kids to have fun. There are a number of different lanes and games for kids to enjoy.
9. LannonFEST: LannonFEST is a yearly event that celebrates the village of Lannon. There are a variety of different activities and events for kids to participate in.
10. Lannon Pool: The Lannon Pool is a great place for kids to cool off in the summer. There is a large pool and a small kiddie pool for kids to enjoy.