Lanham is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions that are sure to please any young visitor. The Anacostia Community Museum offers a variety of kid-centric exhibits and programs that focus on the history and culture of the local area. The museum also offers a variety of hands-on activities that kids are sure to enjoy.
For those looking for a more active experience, the Lanham Skatepark is a great option. The skatepark features a variety of obstacles and challenges that are perfect for kids of all skill levels. There is also a playground adjacent to the skatepark, making it the perfect place to spend a day with the family.
For a taste of the great outdoors, the Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of kid-friendly programs and events at parks throughout the Lanham area. Kids can enjoy hiking, fishing, and picnicking in one of the many beautiful parks in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lanham, Maryland
1. Go apple picking at Butler’s Orchard
2. Visit the National Zoo
3. explore the Maryland Science Center
4. Try your hand at miniature golf
5. Get up close and personal with some sharks at the National Aquarium
6. Learn about history at Fort McHenry
7. Stroll through the grounds of the US Capitol
8. Visit the White House
9. Take a tour of the Smithsonian Museum
10. Enjoy a day at Six Flags America