Lancaster is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy. The Lancaster Community Center has a great pool for swimming and a playground for playing. The Imagine That! Children’s Museum is a great place to explore and learn. There are also many parks in Lancaster, such as Mount Carmel Park, which has a playground, basketball courts, and a walking trail. There is also Centennial Park, which has a pond, a playground, and a picnic shelter. For kids who like to be active, there are plenty of options in Lancaster!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Lancaster, Kansas
1. Visit the Old West town of Medicine Lodge – This historic town is a great place to take the kids for a taste of the Old West. There are a number of historic buildings to explore, as well as a number of fun cowboy-themed activities.
2. Take a scenic drive through the Flint Hills – The Flint Hills of Kansas are a beautiful and unique landscape. This is a great activity for the whole family to enjoy.
3. Visit the Pioneer Village in Hutchinson – This living history museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about early pioneer life in Kansas.
4. Take a walk or bike ride through Cheney State Park – This state park is a great place to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. There are a number of trails to explore, as well as a lake where you can go fishing or swimming.
5. Visit the Kansas State Fair – The Kansas State Fair is a great place for the whole family to enjoy. There are a number of rides, shows, and exhibits to enjoy.
6. Visit the Sedgwick County Zoo – The Sedgwick County Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see a variety of animals.
7. Watch a movie at the Fox Theatre – The Fox Theatre is a historic theatre in downtown Wichita that shows a variety of movies. This is a great activity for a rainy day.
8. Go bowling at All-Star Alley – All-Star Alley is a great place to take the kids for a night of fun. They offer a variety of bowling options, as well as a number of arcade games.
9. Play miniature golf at Adventureland Golf – Adventureland Golf is a great place to take the kids for a game of miniature golf. They offer a variety of courses to choose from.
10. Visit the Botanica, The Wichita Gardens – The Botanica is a great place to take the kids to see a variety of plants and flowers.